Home Page

Special Educational Needs and Disability

Our Vision for Pupils Experiencing SEND

To ensure our school values are achieved by ALL our children we will work with pupils experiencing SEND and their families to secure the best possible outcomes. Enabling access to all areas of the curriculum through high quality classroom teaching and provision. We strive to ensure that needs, whatever area they may be in, are met with the appropriate support at the right time. This will support our children with SEND to thrive as happy, confident individuals who understand their own strengths and achievements.


The four broad ‘areas of need’ are defined as:

Communication and Interaction

Cognition and Learning

Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties

Sensory and/or Physical Needs


Our school SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) is Mrs Clark.

She has dedicated time each week to support children and families.


If you would like to speak with Mrs Clark or arrange a meeting, she can be contacted via the school office or on email at:

Government Publications


The link below will take you to the government publication 'SEND: A guide for parents and carers'.

It is intended to be a guide on the support system for children and young people with special educational needs and disability (SEND).


Further government publications relating to SEND can be found here:


Support For Families


Hampshire's Local Offer

The Local Offer is Hampshire's information hub for families to help find information, support services and activities that can be accessed in their local area. To visit the site click here.


Hampshire SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Information Advice & Support Service).

SENDIASS offer impartial support and guidance for families and young people with SEND for further information on the support they offer please click here.

They also have detailed information about EHCPs (Education, Health and Care Plans); from requesting an assessment, to annual reviews and transition. To access their EHCP information directly click here.


Hampshire County Concils SEND pages

Here you will find information from Hampshire County Council on what help may be available for your child and your family. Click here to access.


Hampshire Parent Carer Network

A charitable organisation that publishes a monthly newsletter, offers opportunities to meet other parents, access training and opportunities to have your say. 

To visit the website click here.


Autism Hampshire

Autism Hampshire offers information and guidance to families and young people with ASC. Their website has links to further sources of information and support including their local autism directory which offers lists of services and activities.


BRAAIN (Be Ready ADHD ASD Information Network)

Links to a wide range of charities offering support for ASD/ASC, ADHD/ADD and general SEND. There are also links to activities and events (local and national). To visit their home page click here.


EHCP Information

Information can be found on Hampshire County Councils site or via SENDIASS.


Hampshire Gateway Card

The Gateway Card and Gateway Card+ are free and give you access to community activities, play schemes and buddy schemes through the short breaks programme. For further information click here.


Health Guidance

Health for Kids has contact details for the school nurse team the website also offers general health advice and an area with interactive games for children to learn about various areas of their own health and development.


Healthier Together website has been developed in partnership between parents and healthcare professionals from across Dorset, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. It provides information on a range of health matters, inlcuding common childhood illnesses.

Support for Specific Areas of Need

If you would like more information about ways to support your child in specific areas please click here. In this secino of our website you will find information about specific areas of need as well as signposting and guidance from external agencies such as Primary Behaviour Support and CAMHS.