The school receives extra funding called PE and SPORTS PREMIUM. This funding is ring fenced to enhance physical activity and promote physical education and sports.
The following information is from the Government detailing how schools have to spend this funding:
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
* develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
* make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
* hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
* provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
* introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
* support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
* run sport competitions * increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
* run sports activities with other schools
Our focus for SPORTS PREMIUM THIS YEAR IS:
Ensuring All children have access to PE equipment (when in COVID class bubbles) so PE curriculum can be delivered effectivelly in class bubbles.
Ensuring All children are taught well and developed with respect to their PE skills through the purchase of RE PE, RE Gym and RE Dance and resourcing accordingly, which includes ONLINE and IN PERSON RESOURCES and CPD.
Ensuring PE Lead is trained in the PE schemes mentioned above
Enhancing the curriculum through PE worshops (when possible due to COVID restrictions)
Ensuring Year 5 and 6 have appropriate swimming sessions with an aim for them to swim 25 metres.
Support children finanacially with physical residential in Year 6
Contribute to STORMBREAK - mental health through physical activity scheme