One of the three sections of our ADVENTUROUS LEARNING provision (Our How) is our
LEARNING ADVENTURE CURRICULUM
This intent is implemented by mapping out coherent and sequenced planning in each subject enabling connections to be made across the curriculum (blending learning) and previous learning. Planning Learning Adventures across mastery stages of learning (preparing, trekking, investigating and exploring (learning destinations / end points) which are flexible and give appropriate autonomy to teachers and children to include areas of interest. We also do our very best to level the playing field in experiences/support/vocabulary, making necessary adaptions for those with Special Edicational Need and / or disadvantage so ALL children can FLOURISH.
Supporting "Curriculum" documents used in the school, to deliver our TRANSFORMATIONAL LEARNING ADVENTURE are...
- Subject Intent Statement - links to Sustainable Developmental Goals (SDPs) which sets out waht we are trying to achieve for the children in each subject. THESE CAN BE VIEWED ON THE SUBJECT PAGES BELOW
- Subject Overviews which maps out the progression from one year to the next (Vertical sequecning)
- Termly / Half-Termly planning which maps out the progression across each year group, SDP questions and Spirituality questions (Horizontal sequecning and Vertical sequencing.) THESE CAN BE VIEWED ON THE SUBJECT PAGES BELOW
- Half-Termly Flexible Map which details all of the subjects objectives to be covered in the Learning Adventure, subject specific vocabulary which enable some blending of learning.There is a parent/child friendly version shared with families - in (half-term diagonal sequeencing) - EXAMPLES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLEXIBLE MAP PAGE BELOW
- English and Maths Mini Learning Adventures Flexible Maps which detailing the sequence of objectives which are planned across the stages of learning - preparing, trekking, investigating and resulting in explore tasks / end points.EXAMPLES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLEXIBLE MAP PAGE BELOW
- Blended Learning Flexible Map which detail specific subject objectives which are taught across the stages of learning however are blended together where it supports deeper learning.EXAMPLES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLEXIBLE MAP PAGE BELOW
- Discrete subject Flexible Maps which detail discrete subject objectives taught across the stages of learning EXAMPLES CAN BE VIEWED ON FLEXIBLE MAP PAGE BELOW