The school receives extra funding called PE and SPORTS PREMIUM. This funding is ring fenced to enhance physical activity and promote physical education and sports.
The following information is from the Government detailing how schools have to spend this funding:
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that you should use the premium to:
* develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers
* make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, you can use your funding to:
* hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
* provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
* introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
* support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
* run sport competitions * increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
* run sports activities with other schools
You should not use your funding to:
* employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements - these should come out of your core staffing budgets
* teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum - including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum)
Every year the school creates a report detailing how we have spent last year's and how we plan this year's allocation of PE and SPORTS FUNDING. These report focus on the impact of this funding on the children, their PE and sports offer and also how we are promoting healthy lifestyles.
This year's report is below.